March: East Network Early Childhood Meeting
School of the Month: St. Andrews, Park Ridge
· Preschool family- Camden is three years old and brother- baby Jackson (born in October) we both baptized together in January. Their family is now becoming members at St. John, Lombard!
· -DCFS Daycare Forums – Several throughout the month of March – see attached flyer
· -1st Annual YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Educator’s Conference: Empowering Educators – April 22, 2017, 7:30 – 3:30 https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07edwb0ps96f8bf9be&oseq=&c=62445e90-7d8f-11e3-830b-d4ae52843dc7&ch=62c24120-7d8f-11e3-83dc-d4ae52843dc7
· -ISBE online Webinars https://www.isbe.net/Pages/ISBE-Webinars.aspx (for Illinois State Licensure)
· -Gateways https://registry.ilgateways.com/ (for DCFS Licensed Centers)
· -Concordia,Chicago’s Early Childhood Conference Friday, August 4, 2017 Information will be on the website within the next month
· - NID Teachers Conference: Friday, October 6th at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb
· -The Leadership Connection Conference, Wheeling, $100 discount right now, May 18 -20, McCormick Foundation – Early Childhood Focus: www.mccormickcenter.nl.edu
Upcoming Special Events:
· Tuesday, March 21, 2017 -
o STEM Family night at St. Paul, Aurora
· Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 6:45 pm -
o Live artist, Jordan Blake will be painting to recording music artist, Jennifer Daniels at Trinity Early Childhood Center in Naperville. The center will have the children’s artwork on display
· Friday, April 28th, 2017
o Early Childhood Learning Fair/Grandparents Day at St. Paul, Aurora
· St. Andrew Park Ridge Art Show, May 12th at 6 pm.
o Children perform in the church prior to show!
Summer Camp Registration is in full swing. We discussed summer camp options with regards to pricing, ages, days, payment, and themes. It was mentioned that this would be a great topic for a meeting next year.
Topic for the Night: CREATIVE ARTS
Creative arts are activities that actively engage children's imagination through art, dance, dramatic play or theater, puppetry, and music. The creative arts engage children across all domains—cognitive, language, social, emotional, and physical – and spiritual!
Process vs. Product
Art show based on a book kids walk in dressed as the painting,
You Are a Work of Art
A Beautiful Oops
Texture, etc. take one chunk and they can learn it. Color mixing, ketchup/mustard in ziplock bag
Color Texture Form Shape, etc.
Three Artists to focus on through the year
Follow Facebook: Process Art with Maryann Kohl
Silk Tie Egg project – pinterest
Dale Chihuly-glass artist
Klimt - artist
Try making a group project to create a whole wall on display in addition to individual pieces
Future Topic: All things summer camp
Fibercraft store – great resource!