The meeting began with an introduction from Mike Zimmer, our new mission school facilitator. He shared some ministry goals and emphasized intentional ministry to our young children and their families. We are blessed to have Mike's leadership and support for our early childhood ministries.
Next, Dr. Patricia Hoffman shared some information regarding new updated programs at Concordia. Specifically, in regards to student teaching, the university's strategic plan, and the Gateways Program. What are your thoughts on the Gateways Program? Our colleagues shared their interest, yet some fustration with the Gateways inability to allow individuals from licensed, part time programs or license exempt programs to participate. Dr. Hoffman will look into this further.
Open Arms director and host, Wendy Pritchard, shared a devotion with the group entitled, "Mosiac Mommy." (click to enlarge)
2. The following website has some age-appropriate holiday plays for preschoolers: http://www.prekplays.com/
3. Lillenas Kids/Lifeway ("Don't Be Scared" / "Jesus: Light of the World" / "My Best-est Friend"
Visit the following website for further information: http://www.lifeway.com/
4. Book sharing: "Pete the Cat" and "Dream, Dream Steam Machine
5. "Cooking with Books" list:
6. Back-to-School Supply List: Have you thought about asking parents to bring in or donate Itunes gift cards? These can be used for the teacher to download songs for the classroom.
7. In-school field trip visit from children's singers/song writers. Concordia Chicago had Jim Gill come to perform for their students. http://www.jimgill.com/